Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

ShopeeFood Is Now Live In Klang Valley: But Is It Ready For Customers?

Just months after it began to look for delivery riders and eateries partners, ShopeeFood delivery service has just gone live in Klang Valley. As opposed to Vietnam and Indonesia, the service is accessible directly in Shopee’s main app instead of a separate stand-alone app.

Despite that, it is not known whether the service is officially available to the general public or still under trial. This is because there is no specific announcement from Shopee Malaysia just yet even though the ShopeeFood section has already appeared in the Shopee’s app.

In fact, I actually gave it a run yesterday’s morning and I found that ShopeeFood is generally similar to most food delivery apps out there, as far as my ordering experience is concerned. For example, you can search for eateries, food, and drinks using the search box that is located on the top part of the app.

After you choose the restaurant, you can either scroll through the menu to look for your meal or use the search function that would appear on the top section of the app once you began scrolling. You can also jump to the different sections of the menu by tapping on the menu icon located on the lower left side of the app.

Once you found the food or drink that you like, you can then choose the appropriate options for it before adding it to the cart. Once you are satisfied with your order list in the cart, you then proceed to checkout and pay for your meal.

After you are done with the payment, this section below will then appear for you to monitor the status of your order:

However, my experience today made me feel that ShopeeFood might not be ready for customers just yet despite already being accessible inside Shopee’s app. I first start to suspect this when I tried to pay for my order.

At that time, I chose to pay for it using the online banking option but encountered this error instead:

Despite that, my order still remains in the system but when I tried to change the payment option to ShopeePay, it didn’t stick and kept on saying that I am paying via online banking. So, I cancelled the order and re-do it from scratch once again but this time around, I choose to sort it out using ShopeePay and it went through.

But ultimately, I didn’t get my morning coffee though. 16 minutes after I placed my order, I received a notification that it has been cancelled by the system because it “cannot match driver” which made me wonder if there are actually ShopeeFood riders ready to deliver my order in the first place.

For those who are wondering, you can indeed rate eateries and delivery riders in ShopeeFood which is a common feature that you can found in most food delivery apps. Similarly, users can also tip their delivery riders.

Meanwhile, it is certainly not fair to judge ShopeeFood just by this one particular experience. That being said, Shopee must make sure that it actually works though before making the service accessible to users.

The post ShopeeFood Is Now Live In Klang Valley: But Is It Ready For Customers? appeared first on Lowyat.NET.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires